This texas twinkies recipe is easy to follow and results in an amazing dish that everyone will love.
The jalapeños are pre-smoked before being stuffed with cream cheese and brisket, which gives them an incredible flavor.
You\'ll wrap them in bacon and smoke them for 90 minutes, resulting in the perfect texas twinkies.
Be sure to try this texas twinkies recipe soon!
Texas Twinkies aka Jalapeno Poppers with Brisket
If you like Jalapeno Popper you\'ll love the Texas Twinkie dish.
What is a Texas Twinkie BBQ?
It is a Jalapeno popper that has been taken to the next level.
Instead of just cream cheese, we stuff our jalapenos with chopped brisket and then wrap it in bacon.
This texas twinkies recipe will be your new favorite!
How can I make Texas Twinkies?
Start with the preparation of jalapenos. When you buy jalapenos in stores, the word bigger is better.
Cheese: Some texas twinkies recipes have been greatly appreciated due to the combination of cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. It all makes a delicious cream filling.
Jalapeno: No spicy popper without jalapeno peppers!
Select large, bright, and solid jalapenos in the pepper selection process.
Keep your pepper from getting wrinkled if you have one.
Brisket: Use pulled smoked brisket in this recipe. It has a savory, moist flavor.
Barbecue Sauce: Adding Smoked Grill separates this recipe from regular grilled jalapenos and sweet barbecue sauce.
Bacon: Thick-cut bacon works best for texas twinkies.
In the Oven
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Wash jalapeno peppers, slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic.
- Fill each pepper half with cheese mixture. Wrap each pepper half with bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bacon is crisp.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Smoked Texas Twinkies Recipe
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. Next, mix together the cream cheese and chopped brisket.
- Fill each jalapeño half with the cream cheese mixture then wrap with bacon.
- You could also mix some roasted onions with grilled pepper and add more caramelized onions onto a chopped leftover brisket. You must ensure the brisket is fat.
- Season the texas twinkies with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Smoke time: Smoke for 90 minutes or until the thick-cut bacon is cooked. Serve immediately.
They can be served as appetizers and a full dinner with mashed potatoes, raw vegetables, mac & cheese, potato salad, and anything that pleases your taste buds.
How Texas Twinkies are made using the T method
Take a few fresh jalapenos and you\'ll going to core them then you\'ll be going to smoke them for a little.
Make a slit directly down the pepper and you\'re actually going to cut it like a T because you need to get inside of this thing.
You could cut the top off but then you kind of run the risk of all the goods coming out during the cooking process.
This way your food is presented with elegance and it\'s so perfect for the cooking process.
The peppers are stuffed, then wrapped with thin-sliced bacon, salt, and roasted to perfection.
You May Also Enjoy:
- Best Super Bowl Appetizer Ideas According to Pinterest
- Easy And Mess-Free Buffalo Chicken Meatballs With Ranch
- This Fabulous Bacon Beer Cheese Bread Bowl Will Score Big Points On Game Day