- Simple And Incredibly Tasty Greek-Style Chicken Traybake Recipe
- This Very Simple, Easy, Tasty Side Dish Is Always A Huge Hit: Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 10 Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Recipes That Will Make You Hungry
- How To Make Your Own Delicious Twix Cookies
- Incredibly Cheesy-Garlicky Biscuit Bombs-So Easy And So Good!
What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word fried chicken? Of course, it is KFC. There are many fried chicken recipes that will enable you to make fried chicken like KFC at home. Many people think why you should spend so much time making something that you can buy easily.
Well, one of the reasons is to make this recipe is to make it better than KFC. You will be able to enjoy tasty and hot fried chicken at home. Fried chicken is an extremely popular dish that everyone enjoys eating, from kids to elders.
In this post, I have shared the best fried chicken recipe. Have a look below!
You May Also Like:
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Best Fried Chicken Recipe
- Boneless Chicken- 4 breast or thigh pieces
- Smoked paprika- 1 ½ tablespoon
- Eggs- 2
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Bay leaves- 2
- Corn flour or corn starch- 1 cup
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Brown sugar- ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper- ½ teaspoon
- White pepper- ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seed powder- 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic salt- ½ teaspoon
- Salt- 2 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil
Follow these simple directions to make crispy fried chicken.
- Take a bowl and add cayenne pepper, white pepper, salt, garlic salt, smoked paprika, brown sugar, and coriander. You should mix these ingredients thoroughly.
- Next step is to flatten the chicken. For this, you will need meat mallet and a cling film. Place the chicken on the film and pound it lightly. If you don’t have a mallet, you can even use a saucepan.
- After that, you should sprinkler the dry mixture of spices on both the sides of chicken. You must use nearly 2 teaspoons of mix and save the rest of the spice for later use.
- In a bowl, crack eggs and add buttermilk, bay leaves, and salt. Stir it well.
- Then, place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture and cover it tightly.
- You should keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. It is better to keep it overnight.
- Afterward, place a pan on the stove and heat the oil.
- In a separate bowl, add corn flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and rest of the spice mix.
- Take a piece of chicken place it on the dry mixture and coat it evenly.
- Then, add the chicken pieces to the oil and fry it until golden.
- Drain the excess oil and serve it hot.
- I use skinless chicken for this recipe, but if you want you can keep the skin on.
- This is a luscious fried chicken that you can serve with chips and salad.
- Another great way to enjoy the freshness of the chicken is by making a burger.
- Though you can marinate and keep it for 2 hours, it is best to give it 24 hours for a better taste.
Therefore, this is, without a doubt, the best fried chicken recipe. Give this recipe a try on the weekend and serve delicious food to your family and friends.
Recipe adapted from: Recipe30