- Delicious Rhubarb Bars Recipes For Summer
- This Grilled Lime Salmon With Avocado-Mango Salsa And Coconut Rice Is The Perfect Summertime Meal
- Fabulous And So Tasty Little Cranberry Asiago Turkey Sliders
- This Baked Casserole Dish Made With Ziti Macaroni And Ground Beef Is Delicious!
- This Easy, No-Bake OREO Cheesecake Is Perfect For Any Occasion
The Mexican street corn salad is a side dish which can be served on various occasions and can be the perfect addition at your dinner table as well. The best part about the salad is the time consumed in the making of it. The preparation time and the cooking time are both approximately ten minutes and so it will hardly take 20 minutes of the time of your life to get this mouth watering salad ready. Just imagine, how lucky will you be if you could make almost around 10 people happy in just a matter of 20 minutes? Yes, it’s that easy!
The taste of this Mexican street corn will leave a memory for your taste buds and I can guarantee you that once you have had the experience of eating it, your heart will crave for more every time. The proper ratio of sweet and spice that is needed for a salad like this is the secret of our recipe. Once you know what is needed in how much quantity, you will excel in this. If you have kids, this can be the best meal for their uninvited appetite.
If you still feel like you are unsure about the corn salad from the utterly delicious Mexican cuisine; give it a try. The recipe below is for around 10 people and so you can reduce or double the ingredients depending on the number of servings.
You May Also Like:
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Sweet And Spicy Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe
- Frozen Corn: 2 bags (each of around 400g or 14oz.)
- Olive Oil: 1table spoon
- Mayonnaise: ¼ cups
- Cotija Cheese: Crumbled (around 225g or 8oz)
- Diced Jalapeno: half (make sure you remove the seeds)
- Cilantro: half cup (It should be properly Chopped)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Minced Garlic: 3 cloves
- Lime: 1 (juice)
- Sea Salt: as per need
- Smoked Paprika: as per need
- Chili Powder: as per need
- Take a fry pan and heat it on medium flame, adding olive oil in it.
- Now cook the corns in oil for around 10-12 minutes, make sure to mix it every once in a while.
- Once the corns are toasted properly, keep them aside.
- After that, take a fairly sized bowl; add the following ingredients in it: Mayo, cojita cheese, cilantro, jalapeno, minced garlic and cayenne pepper. Make sure to mix them well until you feel that they are all even.
- Now take the lime and squeeze it properly into the bowl. Stir it well so that the whole mixture gets blended with the lime.
- Here comes the main part: add the corns to the mixture and mix it well. You should make sure that the mixture and corn are evenly stirred as having one thing excessively will not give the desired taste.
- Now put the salad in the refrigerator and wait for it to get chilled.
- After that comes the seasoning part; put the salad in an aesthetic bowl and spread the smoked paprika, chilli powder, and sea salt on the top of it.
- Your Mexican Street Salad is ready to be served!
Recipe adapted from 4 Sons R Us.