This homemade hamburger helper beef pasta and cheese is a classic recipe that has been made from generations and is the perfect combination of cheeseburger and macaroni. For people who cannot decide their meals from the two options, this recipe is the perfect choice! This is a homemade recipe version including a pot, rich and cheesy taste that makes it so much better from the boxed pasta recipes. Boxed recipes have preservatives which can be dangerous for health.
Who doesn’t love a pot recipe? They are rich, they are flavourful, and they are easy to make as well. All ingredients in the recipe are budget friendly too, so you don’t have to worry about buying any exquisite cheese or imported seasoning.
The preparatory time for One Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper is just about five minutes. The cooking time is approximately about 15 minutes. However, the devouring time depends on you! You can cook this meal in just 20 minutes, isn’t that amazing?
The Cheese Factor
Although cheese is not a part of the recipe or dish, this recipe includes it because it has been tried with the cheddar cheese and it came out even more flavourful. For people who have dairy allergies, they can avoid the sour cream and cheese at the end. The cheese gives the pot macaroni it’s standard cheeseburger flavour which is the very essence of the recipe. However, it is entirely up to you based on what is your preference.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Homemade Hamburger Helper Beef Pasta And Cheese
Beef – 1 Pound (Ground)
Ketchup – 1 Tablespoon
Mustard Paste – 1 Teaspoon
Hot Sauce- 1 Teaspoon (Optional but recommended!)
Garlic Powder- 1 Teaspoon
Onion Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Seasoned Salt- ½ Teaspoon
Salt- ½ Teaspoon
Pepper- ½ Teaspoon
Macaroni- 1 ½ cups
Broth/Water – 3 ½ cups
Sour Cream – ½ cup
Cheddar Cheese – 2 cups (Shredded)
How To Make Hamburger Helper
1. Take a large skillet. Cook the ground beef until its brown. Drain the excess grease/oil from the skillet.
2. Lower your stove heat. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ketchup, mustard paste into the beef and stir all your seasonings well.
3. Next, add the macaroni to the beef mixture. Pour broth or water into the skillet. You can opt for chicken or vegetable broth as well, as it adds more flavour. But simple water will do the trick just right.
4. Stir the mixture well to make sure all the components are combined well together.
5. Now, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes till your macaroni is cooked well. Check by lifting the lid and stir to test the macaroni.
6. Once the macaroni is cooked, add sour cream and mix it well to give the macaroni more flavour as well as a little creaminess in its texture.
7. Turn off the heat and set your pot aside.
8. Add the shredded cheese for an extra edge to your dish. You can mix it in the macaroni (recommended) or assemble it on top just while its hot.
9. Serve immediately while hot!
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow.