- Look No Further, This Is The Best Ever Hearty Beef Soup!
- Out Of This World Delicious Hot Ham & Cheese Party Rolls
- Incredibly Cheesy And Addicting Buffalo Chicken Dip
- This Baked Mozzarella Chicken Breast With Bechamel Sauce And Baked Potatoes Is Amazing!
- Delightfully Tasty And Creamy Macaroni Salad Recipe
Steak and Potatoes are the classic combinations that almost everyone swears by. What’s not to love when it comes to juicy seared steak, crispy roasted potatoes and a dash of garlic all baked together in a pan? This amazing dish is filling on its own, however, you have the choice to add your own sides as well. The best sides that complement the garlic butter steak and potatoes are a basic salad, parmesan green beans or honey brown sugar roasted carrots.
How to Sear a Steak Perfectly at Home
The essence of any steak lies in the art of its tenderness. Everyone loves a juicy seared steak that is brown on the outside and lighter on the inside. That is the mark of a perfectly good seared steak. To achieve this perfect cooking of a steak, you need to heat your skillet at a medium-high heat a few minutes before you put the steak on it. Remember to give both sides of the steak exactly the same time to cook.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Easy Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet
- Steaks – 2-4 (Petite)
- Salt- To taste
- Pepper- To taste
- Olive Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Baby Potatoes- 2-4 Pounds (Diced)
- Salted Butter – 2-6 Tablespoons per Steak (Soft/Mashable State)
- 2 Tablespoons for Baked Potatoes (Melted)
- Garlic – 2 Teaspoons (Minced)
- Dried Italian Herb – 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh Thyme – 1 Teaspoon (Chopped)
- Fresh parsley – 1 Teaspoon (Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine butter, garlic, and dried herbs.
- Season steaks generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Drizzle the skillet with oil and place it on medium-high heat.
- Sear the steaks for about 3 minutes on each side. Set them aside on a plate.
- Next, add potatoes to the skillet. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Sauté the potatoes till they turn golden brown.
- Place steaks to one side of the skillet along with the potatoes. Add veggies according to preference.
- Bake the skillet with steak and potatoes for 20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through and steak is done as per your choice.
- After the dish is cooked, add garlic butter for an extra edge onto the steak and potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and parsley.
- Serve immediately while hot.
You can try any steak cuts for the recipe but try finding the right size. Small steaks are still 4-6 inches long, so choose accordingly that fit into the steak with the potatoes. The thickness of the steak is preferably 1 inch according to the recipe. Thin cuts can be overcooked if followed by recipe time. An overly thick steak will not be done through along with the potatoes. You would have to sear them for more time and give them more time to bake. You can use an oven-safe skillet for this recipe, but using a cast-iron pan is highly recommended because it helps you to get the perfect sear on your steak.
Recipe adapted from Creme De La Crumb.