Are you looking for the perfect dessert or snack? Strawberry oatmeal bars are the easiest and delicious oatmeal bars that are served with butter crumb topping. This is a healthy dessert that contains only 100 calories per bar.
A great thing about this recipe is that it is perfect for both adults and kids. What makes this recipe special is that it is easy to make. You can enjoy the strawberry bars for breakfast. For preparing this snack, you will not need any special ingredient or don’t have to follow any complex procedure. Here is the simple and best way to make strawberry oatmeal bars.
Have a look!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients for Strawberry Bars
- Rolled oats- 1 cup
- Light brown sugar- 1/3 cup
- Unsalted butter or melted coconut oil- 6 tablespoons
- White whole wheat flour or All-purpose flour or 1:1 baking flour- 3/4 cup
- Kosher salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground ginger- 1/4 teaspoon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
- Granulated sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Diced strawberries- 1 cups
- Cornstarch- 1 teaspoon
Ingredients for Vanilla Glaze
- Milk- 1 tablespoon
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
- Pure vanilla extract- 1/2 teaspoon
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
How To Make Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat your oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You should place the rack in the oven.
- Take a baking pan, and line it with 8 x 8-inch parchment paper. You have to make the paper overhang like handles.
- Then, in a medium-sized bowl, add flour, oats, ginger, salt, and brown sugar. Mix the ingredients well.
- After that, add melted butter and mix it well until clumps are formed. The dry ingredients must be well moistened.
- Take 1/2 cup crumble mixture and set it aside. Add the remaining mixture to the pan and have an even layer.
- You must then, add half of the strawberries on the crust. Once strawberries are added, sprinkle the cornstarch over the top. After that, you should add 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar and lemon juice.
- Next, you must add the remaining berries and 1/2 tablespoon sugar. You can add the remaining crumbs on the top.
- You should bake it for 35 to 40 minutes. Keep in mind the fruits must be bubbly while the crumbs must look golden and toasty.
- Once the bars are baked, place the pan on the wire rack for cooling down.
How to make the Glaze
You can make the glaze while the bars cool down.
- Take a bowl and whisk vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk until smooth.
- You can add more milk if you want to have a thinner consistency.
- Lift the bars from the pan using the handles of parchment paper.
- Pour glaze on it, cut a slice and serve.
- The strawberry oat bars can be stored up to for 5 days in the refrigerator.
- If you want to make gluten-free bars, you can substitute whole wheat flour with baking flour.
- In case you want to freeze the bars, it is advised not to glaze them.
Therefore, these strawberry oat bars are buttery, sweet, scrumptious, and fruity. It is what a strawberry dessert should be.
Recipe adapted from Well Plated.