I love a good breakfast! Even more, I love a quick, fast and delicious breakfast! This hearty Breakfast Tacos with Potatoes, Ham, Egg, & Cheese is family-friendly and kids love it. These tacos stuffed with all the goodies, go well with a side of hot sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime. This dish can be a comforting breakfast or fast lunch food.
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos
- 8 small flour tortilla shells
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- hot sauce and lime juice to serve
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add potatoes cook potatoes about 5 minutes, add half of seasoning blend to potatoes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to potatoes, cover with a lid and cook potatoes until water is all gone and potatoes are tender about 5-7 more minutes.
- In a separate pan, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add ham and jalapenos and cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add eggs that have been slightly beaten and seasoned with remaining seasoning blend. Add 1 cup of cheese to eggs.
- Cook eggs about 4-5 minutes until scrambled.
- Heat shells in a clean pan until warmed.
- Fill shells with potatoes, eggs, ham, and more cheese.
- Top with hot sauce and lime juice.
I used frozen hash brown potatoes that were defrosted at room temperature. If using frozen potatoes that have been defrosted you will not need the 1/2 cup of water.
Get your full written recipe and the step-by-step photographs over on the Creole Contessa site. Thanks to Lisa for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.