- Perfect Little Appetizer: Sausage Cheese Balls (Not The Traditional Meatball Recipe)
- Ridiculously Easy Crock Pot Buffalo Wings To Eat While You Watch Sunday Football
- Make Breakfast A Breeze With These Easy Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- Quick And Easy Chicken Potpie Recipe- Amaze Everyone With Your Culinary Skills
- Super Easy And Tasty Homemade Sorbet (Without Ice Cream Maker)
Homemade Mac and Cheese is such a classic recipe… except for when it’s coming in form of a lava cake! Intrigued yet?
Here’s another awesome recipe from Josh Elkin. This Mac & Cheese Lava Cake is such an interesting, fascinating and mouthwatering recipe.
The concept of a Mac & Cheese Lava cake is so awesome! The melty cheese sauce pouring out from the inside seems almost unreal and impossible to obtain…and yet, it’s doable!
What’s not to like: it’s all about “bacon mac n cheese mould, stuffed with solid cheese, covered in bread crumbs, and then deep fried”. (Source)
Mac & Cheese Lava Cake Recipe
Learn how to make Mac & Cheese in cake format with ooooozing cheese in the centre.
Make a box of mac n cheese.
Combine the mac & cheese with bacon bits, bread crumbs and milk.
Put a small piece of parchment paper on the bottom of a ramekin. Fill the ramekin with the mixture. Make a small hole in the centre making sure not to expose the ramekin bottom.
Fill the hole with processed cheese and cover the top of it with more mac & cheese mixture.
Put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Fill a bowl with scrambled eggs and another bowl with bread crumbs.
Take the mac & cheese out of the freezer and then out of the ramekin. Coat the cake in egg and then in bread crumbs. Repeat that step.
Heat a pot of cooking oil to 350 degrees F. Deep fry the cake for 5 minutes.
Don’t get burned by the lava cheese.
Thanks to Josh Elkin for this awesome recipe and for the featured image!