Cooking healthy and delicious food can be difficult, especially if you are on a low carb diet. There aren’t many dishes out there which are easy to make, provide you with great nutrition and are delicious. This is why the Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are just what you need.
It is a twist on the classic sandwich and is mind-bogglingly yummy. It is the perfect dinner idea and you can prepare it in as little as 40 minutes. It has all the cheesy goodness which will make you forget about those late pizza nights. It will help add some extra vegetables in your diet.
If you are serious about your health, then you need to cook the Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers using the below recipe. A healthy lifestyle is vital to a good life. So, let’s start!
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
The meal serves up to 4 servings. It is normally 432 calories.
All you need are the following 6 different ingredients and you are good to go.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Mozzarella Cheese (You can also use Swiss Cheese)
- Half of a red bell pepper
- 4 Green peppers (You can also use different colored peppers but green is still the most affordable of all the options)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 sirloin steak (An inch thick should be good as it can be cooked for just a minute on each of the sides on high heat)
- 1 pack of mushrooms which have been pre-sliced
Easy Instructions to Follow
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Have the oven preheated to 400 F. Then green peppers need to be cut into half and make sure to de-seed them. A tablespoon of olive oil needs to be drizzled on the peppers. Use salt and pepper for the seasoning. The meal needs to be baked in a 9 x 13 dish which has to be covered with tin foil. Bake it for 10 minutes.
- Add a table spoon of olive oil to a big fry pan. Have the oil heated over high heat until the oil starts smoking. Now, add the steak to the fry pan and stir it for a minute on each side. After, just remove the steaks from the heat and slice them into thin pieces when they are cool enough for you to easily slice.
- Add mushrooms to the same skillet and cook them until they start to release their juices. Next, add red pepper and some onions, sauté the two for 2 to 3 minutes until they are tender. After, season them with salt and pepper.
- On the hand, have the green peppers removed from the oven. Divide the vegetable and steak slices between the peppers. Then, top them off with some cheese and use more salt and pepper for the seasoning. Bake until the cheese gets melted or for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
Recipe adapted from The Girl on Bloor.