- Absolutely Wonderful Cajun Chicken Alfredo -So Easy And Out Of This World Delicious
- Incredibly Tasty And Delicious Easy Poached Fish In Tomato Basil Sauce
- You’ll Fall In Love With These German Oven Pancakes
- Easy Dill Pickle Chicken Salad Recipe Will Tantalize Your Taste Buds
- Cereal Never Looked So Pretty: This No-Bake Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake Is Sweetly Delicious!
If Eggplant Parmesan is your go-to thing to order at Italian restaurants, why not learn how to make it at home? Home recipes tend to be so much better, if the recipe you follow is great. This Eggplant Parmesan with Home Made Marinara Sauce from The Gardening Cook, is a classic Italian baked casserole. This Eggplant recipe is so delicious, and a lot easier to make than you’d think!
I like eggplant but find that it can be too bitter when cooked sometimes. Most people interested in cooking Eggplant Parmesan probably already know how to reduce the bitterness but just in case you don’t know yet, here it is: simply cut the eggplant, sprinkle them with lots of salt, place the eggplant on a few sheets of paper towels, and then let it sit there for anywhere from 30-90 minutes, then wipe the sweat. An easy and helpful step and so worth it!
4 medium egg plants (about 6 inches long each) peeled and thinly sliced.
2 free range eggs, beaten. (I use free range. Regular eggs are fine.)
1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
6 cups of home made marinara sauce. (see recipe link above the recipe builder)
16 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 cup of Parmesan Reggiano cheese grated
1 1/2 tsp of fresh chopped basil.
Get your full written recipe and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Gardening Cook.
Thanks to Carol for this article inspiration and images.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.