- Easy And Delicious Chicken Broccoli And Mushroom Stir Fry
- These Little Apple Pies Look Fantastic!
- Creamy & Spicy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe- Always A Family Favorite!
- Creamy, Cheesy And Out Of This World Delicious Scalloped Potatoes
- This Chicken & Cornbread Casserole Will Take You Back To Your Grandma’s Kitchen
Now, this is comfort food your whole family will love it! The gravy has a rich and savory flavor with a just touch of sweetness and the ribs look irresistible! The short ribs cooked until they fall-off-the-bone tender and the gravy with the incredible flavors are totally making my mouth water! So delicious! The recipe is very easy to make although has a long cooking time: about three and a half hours.
Beef Short Ribs Gravy
5 pounds meaty beef short ribs (about 8 ribs)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups thickly sliced shallots (6 ounces in weight)
1 ½ cups thickly sliced onion halves (about one medium to large onion)
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 12-ounce bottle dark ale or stout beer
3 large sprigs fresh thyme, left on the stem
3 large sprigs flat leaf parsley, left on the stems
1½ quarts vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup butter ( ½ a stick)
¼ cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
Additional salt and pepper to taste
Mashed potatoes for serving
Get your full written recipe and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: A Family Feast
Thanks to Martha for this amazing recipe and featured image!