- Creamy, Cheesy And Out Of This World Delicious Scalloped Potatoes
- Easy And Tasty Spicy California Shrimp Stacks
- This Delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad With Avocado Recipe Is A Fiesta In A Bowl!
- Delicious Spanish Potato Omelette With A Ham And Cheese Filling
- These Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies Will Be A Hit At Any Bake Sale Or Dinner Party
There is a popular perception regarding potatoes that they are boring and tasteless. A few cooking experts have come up with a range of recipes that have made potatoes look much tastier and cooler than before. The insane amount of starch and fiber along with vitamin C and vitamin B6 makes potatoes one of the healthiest foods if cooked right.
According to dietitians, there is no fat, sodium or cholesterol in potatoes making the overall calories a lot lower than most of the people think. To be exact, potatoes contain just 110 calories per piece.
If you love eating french fries and want to enjoy potatoes in a whole new way, you can always try cooking the crispy roast potatoes. Making this dish and not loving it at the end is not an option with this one.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Super Crispy Roasted Potatoes
What do you need firsthand
Some of the important ingredients that you need to arrange before cooking this dish consist of 4 pounds of potatoes, baking soda, duck, goose or beef fat, finely chopped rosemary leaves, minced garlic, kosher salt, fresh parsley leaves and freshly ground black pepper.
In case you don’t have any of the fat items mentioned above, you can always use extra virgin olive oil. After you’ve arranged all the ingredients, you now need to heat up the oven up to 450°F/230°C.
How to make these delicious super crispy roasted potatoes
- While the oven is heating up, you need to start boiling the potatoes in a pan. You need to add baking soda and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt in the pan.
- The ideal time to keep boiling the potatoes is 10 to 15 minutes.
- In order to check if they are boiled right, you can try cutting them with a knife. If the knife meets little resistance while inserting, you are on the right direction.
- Now take another saucepan and add any type of available fat with olive oil, minced garlic, black pepper and rosemary leaves.
- Keep stirring and cooking this sauce over medium heat.
- After the garlic begins to turn golden, you need to stop heating and strain oil through a fine-mesh strainer.
What to do until completion
- Set garlic/rosemary mixture aside and reserve separately.
- Take out the potatoes from the boiling water and let them dry for 30 to 40 seconds till the moisture evaporates.
- After that, season the potatoes with the infused oil you strained before and add a little salt and pepper for flavor.
- While the potatoes are put for seasoning, you need to set a large rimmed backing sheet and place the potatoes evenly on the sheet.
- Now you need to transfer the potatoes to the oven and roast them for at least 20 minutes.
- You can roast them for more time until they turn deep brown and crisp.
- At the end, you can transfer the potatoes on a tray or a bowl and add garlic/rosemary mixture and minced parsley.
- Add some salt and pepper for flavor and your crispy roast potatoes are ready to eat.
Recipe adapted from