- These Apple & Blackberry Crumble Cupcakes Are Just The Cutest, Tastiest Little Things!
- Quick And Tasty 5 – Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Simple And Truly Delicious Honey Sesame Chicken …Better Than Take Out Chinese!
- Easy 15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili-The Perfect Dish To Serve On Game Day!
- Rich, Easy & Amazing Southern Pecan Caramel Sauce
This is an amazing recipe, delicious, sweet and so beautiful! Once the dish is cooked , it’s flipped onto a serving board to get those stunning concentric rings of the caramelized sweet Vidalia onions. Pretty genius recipe and truly delicious dish!
The combination of broccoli and corn taste really good together and if you add the baked bacon you get even a more delicious taste. Yum! Every bite is a delight!
Onion Upside Down Cornbread With Broccoli And Cooked Bacon
2 Vidalia Onions
4 tablespoons of butter
1½ cups of fine ground yellow or white cornmeal, I used yellow
1 cup all purpose flour
1 and ½ teaspoons kosher salt
⅓ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
8 ounces frozen broccoli-thawed
½ cup cooked chopped bacon (optional)
16 ounces of 2% cottage cheese
Get your full written recipe for the Onion Upside Down Cornbread With Broccoli And Cooked Bacon and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Sweet Savant
Thanks to Demetra Overton for this wonderful recipe and featured image.