- This No-Bake, Protein-Packed Monster Cookie Granola Bar Bite Is Great For Quick Afternoon Snacks
- These Eggs In Tomato Sauce Look And Taste Simply Incredible
- Wild Rice Mushroom Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls
- Fondant Potatoes- The Best Potatoes Side Dish You’ll Ever Make!
- This Simple Manhattan Filet Steak Looks Amazing!
Rough puff pastry is an absolutely brilliant recipe to have as part of your collection. It’s easy to make and results in a buttery, flaky topping, perfect for so many uses in the kitchen. You can use it for this savory dish chicken pot pie you can also make it for desserts and really lovely sweet treats. The perfect ultimate comfort food dish that you absolutely must try at home!
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
For the filling:
1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
1 head of broccoli, broken into florets (about 300g)
2 tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
350ml hot chicken stock
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 heaped tsp English mustard
150ml single cream
400g cooked chicken, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 large egg, beaten
For the pastry:
250g plain flour
170g very cold, butter, cut into small cubes
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp ice cold water
Freshly ground black pepper
Get your full written recipe and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Donal Skehan
Thanks to Donal Skehan for this amazing recipe and featured image!