- This Cookie Dough Cheesecake Is So Rich And Delicious, You Won’t Believe It’s Homemade!
- Baked Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole With Green Sauce
- The Easiest And Tastiest Cheese Balls You Have Ever Tried
- This Raw Coconut Carrot Cake Might Be Your New Favorite Dessert
- 3 Hearty And Super-Healthy Quinoa Recipes
Are you thinking how to make instant pot mashed potatoes? Many of the mashed potatoes recipes are filled with plenty of calories and fat. There are a lot of recipes guiding you to add lots of butter and cream.
Does this fat and calorie content make the potatoes taste better? No, of course not! You will need to use the right ingredients to make them taste delicious. Though many people avoid eating mashed potatoes because of the fat it contains, here is a recipe that will not only be low fat but delicious as well. For this recipe, I will use Russet potatoes, sour cream, low-fat buttermilk, and butter.
Thanks to the instant pot, you can make the mashed potatoes with just the right consistency and creaminess. A remarkable thing is that it will only a take fraction of the time.
Follow this recipe to make the soft and fluffy mashed potatoes.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
You May Also Like:
Here’s How To Make The Perfect Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
• Water- 3 cups
• Low-fat buttermilk- 1/3 cup
• Whipped butter- 2 tablespoons
• Quartered Russet Potatoes- 2 pound
• Kosher salt- 1 teaspoon
• Black pepper- to taste
• Parsley or chives- for garnishing
The Right Way to Make Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
• Place the instant pot on the stove and add potatoes to the pot.
• Then, pour water in the pot. Keep in mind the water level must be enough to cover the potatoes. Add salt to the water.
• For 10 minutes, cook the potatoes on high pressure. Don’t forget to cover the pot.
• After that use the quick release to check if the potatoes are soft or not.
• You can use a sharp knife to determine the level of softness of potatoes. If the knife is easily inserted in the potato, this means potatoes are ready.
• Once all the potatoes are done, you should drain and reserve ½ cup of water.
• Then, you must add sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, and buttermilk to the potatoes.
• Mash the potatoes using the masher.
• Add more salt according to your preference.
• Serve the mashed potatoes after garnishing it using parsley or chives.
• It is best to eat right away. In case you want to serve it later on and the potatoes are dry, you can water to the mashed potatoes to loosen them up.
• If you want to have a creamy and fluffy, you can use a potato masher.
• Avoid using a blender to mash potatoes as it will become sticky.
• For best mashed potatoes avoid using red potatoes.
• For a tangy taste, you can use yogurt instead of sour cream.
• You can make garlic mashed potatoes by simply adding roasted garlic at the end.
• Store leftover mashed potatoes in a tight container for up to 5 days.
All in all, mashed potatoes are a perfect side dish for several dishes. If the mashed potatoes are not of the right consistency, then it will ruin your meal. So, give this instant pot mashed potatoes recipe a try and serve the best mashed potatoes.
Watch the video tutorial below ( courtesy of Skinnytaste
Recipe adapted from: Skinnytaste