- This Recipe Is Exceptional: Cheesy Potato Pancakes
- We Seriously Loved This Quick And Easy Tex-Mex Chicken Casserole Recipe!
- Delicious Rhubarb Bars Recipes For Summer
- This Savory Sweet And Crazy Delicious 4 Ingredients Hawaiian Chicken Bake Is Surprisingly Easy To Make
- Easy Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
Are you wondering how to poach an egg perfectly? Making a poached egg might seem easy; however, it is difficult to get the perfect shape and firmness level. Poached eggs are a wonderful and healthy way to add eggs to your diet.
Many people love eating poached eggs for breakfast, but they hardly make it at home. One of the reasons is that it is challenging to get the perfect round shape without the white wispies.
Today, we will show you how to poach an egg perfectly. Have a look.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
How To Poach An Egg Perfectly
• A deep pot
• Slotted Spoon
• Paper towel
• Mesh sieve
• Take a pot and add 3 to 4 inches of water and heat it on high flame to bring it to a boil.
• Use a mesh sieve and crack an egg and slightly give it a swirl. This will ensure that the liquid egg white is separated from the egg. It is to make sure no wispies is created.
• Add the egg to the ramekin or a small bowl. This is to make it easy to transfer the egg into the pan.
• Then, you should reduce the heat to low, so there are just some bubbles at the bottom.
• Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar (white, apple cider vinegar or any light-colored vinegar). Stir it and make a vortex. This works well when you are making 1 or 2 poached eggs.
• Once vortex is created, you must add an egg in the center of the vortex.
• Set a timer for 3 minutes for a having a firm white and a liquid yolk. In case you like firm yolk, you can give it 30 seconds more.
• After that, use a slotted spoon to take out the egg. You can check the level of firmness by gently tapping it.
• If you like it firmer, then you can add it back to the water.
• In case the poached egg is to your liking, you can dab it on the paper towel to get rid of excess water.
• You can even prepare the poached eggs in advance for a crowd. Pour water and ice in a bowl. Keep adding the poached eggs to the water to prevent the yolk from cooking.
• If you want to make more than 2 eggs at a time, then you must add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and add eggs to the pot gently. This will give the egg a flatter.
• For reheating poached eggs, you will need a small bowl and hot water. Place the egg in the hot water for 20 to 30 seconds.
Tips to Keep in Mind
• We all have heard that adding salt to your water before the egg is good for having perfectly poached eggs. However, it is not true. This actually creates more wispies.
• Some might say adding vinegar to the water might give a sour taste to the poached egg. Vinegar is helpful for achieving the right spherical shape if you use it moderately.
Therefore, this is how to poach an egg perfectly. Give this a try and enjoy delicious breakfast at home.
Watch the video tutorial below ( courtesy of