- 7 Delicious And Easy Starbucks Copycat Recipes You Can Make At Home
- Simple And Fun To Make To Make Baked Tortilla Chip-Crusted Chicken Bites
- Delicious And Healthy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- This Bacon Ranch Chicken Bake Is Incredibly Quick And Easy To Make! You Only Need 4 Ingredients…
- Genius Way To Cook Little Heaps Of Parmesan And Turn Them Into Amazing, Crispy Cheese Chips
It’s hard to beat goulash! It doesn’t matter how old you are, Mom’s goulash is always the best! There are so many goulash recipe on the internet, American goulash and Hungarian goulash recipes, and some are better than the other.
This Hungarian goulash recipe, brought to us by Nicky at Kitchensanctuary.com is hearty, warming and so delicious, you’ll be so happy you’ve found it!
Slow cooked, this beautifully spicy flavored dish is thick and rich and nothing short of wonderful.
Slow-Cooked Hungarian Beef Goulash
3tbsp vegetable oil
900g (2lbs) beef braising steak, cut into bite-size chunks
2tbsp all-purpose flour seasoned with ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper
2 brown onions, peeled and diced
2 fat cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp smoked paprika (just use regular if you don’t have smoked)
large pinch of salt and pepper
2 x 400g (14oz) cans chopped tomatoes in juice
600ml (2½ cups) hot beef stock (water plus 2 stock cubes is fine)
1 tbsp honey (optional – this is just to neutralize some of the acidity from the tomatoes)
2 red bell peppers, deseeded and sliced
225ml (1 cup) sour cream
Cooked pasta – such as pappardelle, tagliatelle or penne
handful of chopped parsley
Extra sour cream
Get your full written recipe and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at : Kitchen Sanctuary
Thanks to Nicky Corbishley for this amazing recipe and featured image.